Last modified: December 9, 2021
This policy applies to information we collect on the Website and in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website. It does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party, nor to information collected by any other third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under age 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on the Website or through any of its features, or register on or use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under age 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at [email protected].
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
When you access or use the Website, we may collect certain information about you. This may include information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, or telephone number, as well as information that is about you but may not specifically identify you, such as information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website, and usage details, IP addresses, and certain other information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies (collectively “personal information“).
Information You Provide to Us
We collect personal information from various sources, such as directly from you when you access or use the Website. This may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time you subscribe to our services, post comments or material to the Website, or request further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us or when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial or payment information to us prior to or following any placement of an order for our services, including where such orders are placed through our offline sale process.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website;
- Information about the devices you use to access the Website (such as the IP address and type of device, operating system, and web browser);
- Dates, times, and the duration of your use of the Website (including whether you are a repeat or first time visitor to the Website);
- Information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Technologies we use for automatic data collection may include cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. Pages of our Website and our emails may also contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about any targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To process orders you place and complete other transactions you have requested, and to maintain a record of your transactions;
- To send you information or materials you request;
- To provide you with products and services you request;
- To respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- To communicate with you about our products, services, offers, and promotions;
- To operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
- To analyze trends and statistics regarding products and services made available on or through the Website;
- To protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- To enforce our agreements with our clients;
- To comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards; and
- For any other purpose for which you provide your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email [email protected].
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to enforce or apply our agreements with our clients;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Press Record, users of the Website, our services, and/or others;
- for any other purpose which is incidental to the normal use of services you have requested; and
- for any other purpose for which you provide your consent.
We may also disclose personal information to third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. Certain such disclosures to third parties may, subject to your opt-out rights, occur by means of a sale of your personal information to such third parties (i.e., in exchange for monetary or other consideration). For more information, including on your rights to opt out of a sale of your personal information, see Your Choices., below.
Third Party Providers
Third Party Providers may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analytics. We may use Third Party Providers to monitor and analyze use of our Website.
- Google Analytics. Google Analytics is an independent web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. You can learn about Google’s privacy practices at https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy.
You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our Website by Google Analytics by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/. Please note that if you opt out, analytics companies other than Google Analytics may continue to aggregate and analyze data collected about you on the Website.
Other Service Providers
- Google Ads. Google Ads may be used to develop and enhance our online advertising. You can learn about Google’s privacy practices at https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy.
- Facebook. We may use Facebook Ads to enhance and customize our online advertising. You can learn about Facebook’s privacy practices at https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation. You can also view your Facebook Ad Preferences under your Facebook settings.
- Twitter. We may use Twitter to customize and target our online advertising. You can learn about Twitter’s privacy practices at https://twitter.com/en/privacy. You can learn more about how to opt out of Twitter’s targeted advertising by visiting https://help.twitter.com/en/safety-and-security/privacy-controls-for-tailored-ads.
- LinkedIn. We may send data to LinkedIn about actions you take on the Website after you interact with a LinkedIn ad. You can learn about LinkedIn’s privacy practices at https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. You can also manage your preferences under your LinkedIn settings.
Press Record takes protecting your information seriously, and implements reasonable measures to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, the safety and security of your information also depends on you.
We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website, such as public message boards. Please use caution in determining what personal information to disclose.
Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of information is at your own risk.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending an email to us with your request to [email protected]. Please include your name, email address, phone number, physical address, business name, and domain in the body of your email, and include the phrase “Opt Out of Information Sharing” in the subject line so that we can properly identify you and process your opt-out request.
- Promotional Offers. If you do not wish to have your email address used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending an email to us with your request to [email protected]. Please include your name, email address, phone number, physical address, business name, and domain in the body of your email, and include the phrase “Opt Out of Promotional Messages” in the subject line so that we can properly identify you and process your opt-out request.
- Opt-out of Sales of Your Information. You have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time. To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by visiting the following Internet Web page link: “Do Not Sell My Personal Information”.
- Limiting Provided Information. You can choose not to provide us with certain information. If you decline to provide certain information, however, please note that some features of the Website and certain aspects of our services may then be inaccessible.
Please note that, when you submit any opt-out email request to Press Record pursuant to this section, it will take Press Record a reasonable period of time to process and implement your request.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
“Do Not Track” Requests
Third Party Applications and Websites
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. If you delete your User Contributions, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users.
Right to access/know your information. You may request from us a list of (i) the personal information that we have collected about you, and (ii) the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal information. You have the right to up to two (2) access requests each twelve (12) months.
Right to delete your information. You may request, at any time, that we delete your information and direct our service providers to delete your information from their records.
You may contact us to exercise these rights at [email protected]. To ensure the privacy and protection of individuals, we are required to verify your identity (or that of your authorized agent) or otherwise authenticate your request(s), which we will do in accordance with the CCPA regulations. Please note that, under the CCPA, we are not required to grant a request to access/know or a request to delete with respect to personal information obtained from you in your role as an employee, owner, director, officer or contractor of a company and within the context of Press Record providing its services to such company.